Friday, August 1, 2008

How God works . . .

I haven't posted a lot lately because our family has been in a "transitional thinking phase". Brad has accepted a position at a different hospital in Tennessee. Of course, we are so excited to be going back "home" but now the chaos starts. We have just a few weeks to plan our move, find a place to live, register the kids for school, etc. I've had a very sleepless night. I'm not usually up so early, but I haven't been able to fall back to sleep since 4:30 this morning. My mind keeps going over and over everything there is to do.

We know that this is definitely a God thing. I have been praying for some time that we would be able to move back down south -- and closer to family. Nothing against the northeast, but it's . . . different. Back in January/February when I was praying about this, I kept having the very definite thought of "July". I told Brad about it and that I strongly felt that God was trying to tell me that Brad would have a new job in July. Of course, we never know where that will lead but God has always blessed us through our moves in the past so although the human side of us is scared of the "new", we trust that God will always provide and place us where he wants us to be during that period of our life. So . . . even back in May, I reminded Brad that I felt with certainty that he would find a job in July. Around the same time, Brad was coming home from work one evening and was thinking about the stress of selling our home in a bad economy if a job should come along. He had the thought, "Don't worry about your house. It is taken care of." He later told me how that it was so strong of a thought, he knew it must be a God thing.

So all this to say . . . Brad accepted this job in July and our house will be taken care of by the company if it is not sold within six months. I'm overwhelmed with the feeling of graciousness. I can't say that I always feel that God is speaking to me but once again, His goodness never fails! I feel so unworthy and undeserving of such love, but I'm reminded once again of God's grace, His presence and His unfailing faithfulness.

No comments: