Thursday, March 20, 2008

In Search of a Camera

I usually consider myself to be relatively technologically savvy. However, in searching for a new camera, I feel a little bit overwhelmed.

For example, there are regular digital cameras and there are SLR cameras. These are Single Lens Reflex cameras. So should I spend $350+ on a regular digital camera or $650+ on an SLR camera? What type should I be looking at if my main photography experience includes taking pictures of my kids along with vacation pictures?

I'm an avid scrapbooker and realized recently that my Kodak EasyShare V530 is just not cutting it! When taking pictures indoors, my pictures turn out dark and fuzzy. I'm losing great opportunities for my scrapbook album!

So I am now trying to decide between the Canon Powershot Pro Series S5 IS and the Nikon D50. I'm keeping in mind the fact that I need something uncomplicated, yet reliable. Oh, it's all so overwhelming!

No comments: