Wednesday, March 19, 2008

My business goals

I wasn't exactly sure as to how it would go when I enrolled as a Demonstrator for Uppercase Living last year, but I must say that I'm truly loving it. Not only do I love the products, but I love the fact that it has made me set some goals for myself. Right now, I am trying to earn a cruise for my husband and me. All expenses are paid for including airfare and gratuities for the both of us. Now . . . I know that some of you who know me may be laughing. The only cruise we've ever taken was to Mexico (which I won at my husband's company banquet) and I became so terribly sea sick! Of course, we were having 10-12 foot wave swells against the boat. I couldn't even walk straight and felt like I was living out "The Perfect Storm". However, the shore excursions were lots of fun! I even snorkeled, which was a big accomplishment for me since I can't swim and am terribly afraid of the water.

So why am I trying to earn this cruise?? Well, for one thing my husband doesn't usually take much time off from work. If we had to actually purchase the cruise, I would get this scenario . . . "I don't know if I can take time off work", "We have better things to spend our money on", "vacations are too expensive and then they're over". But if I EARN the cruise through all my hard work, how could he ever so no?? I will have definitely worked for it. The cruise incentive period ends on August 31. I am almost half way to where I need to be. I figure that if I am at the half way point by the end of April, I will definitely keep shooting for the goal. Besides, I am getting the word out about Uppercase Living. I am making new friends and making our car payment (which is most important to my husband). I am adding new ladies to my team and inspiring others with our products. I love it!

No comments: